Saturday, August 30, 2014

We did it!

We did it!! We survived our first week of homeschool!  Did we get everything done in our plans? Nope!  Did I ever get everything done in my plans when I was teaching PS? Nope!  I would say it was a successful week.  Nadi never once asked to go back to school.  I asked her she wanted to and she said NO! 
I am a little overwhelmed, but I expected that. Trying to get the house clean and dinner cooked and have a few quiet moments in a day when Nadi is with me constantly... I am still glad I did it. She is much more calm and less frustrated.  Granted at this point we have not done anything very challenging.  
The very first day, Nadi pitched a fit when getting her hair done.  That is par for the course so after we dropped Moo off I took her and got her hair cut.  It will still fit in a pony tail but it is not nearly as long.  Way less tangles! I love her long hair but it is not worth the fights.  
Moo started school on Monday and so far so good! Let's hope it stays that way!  I want her to be happy at school.  I want her to enjoy getting out of the house and maybe doing something she enjoys.  Her teacher is kind and gets that she can't work for 8 house and she needs some down time!
All in all the first week was a success! Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment